AS IF YOUR NORMAL, EVERYDAY LIFE WASN’T ALREADY BUSY…
THE HOLIDAYS PUT LIFE ON OVERDRIVE!
Yes, it’s that time of year where your to-do list gives birth to a million baby to-do lists.
Lists of stuff you need to do, stuff you want, stuff that will make others happy, and stuff that will make you happy.
Lists… lists… lists…
Now, I know that the holidays are especially demanding.
But here’s the thing: there will always be a to-do list because you are a CREATOR.
Yup! You are made of the same expansive energy as the universe that created you.
You are the mini-god of your own life- always coming up with new things you want to experience.
You can’t even help it.
You are here on the planet to create, manifest, and love.
You are here to become more aware of your innate power.
It’s your gift.
So, I have a challenge for you…
Let’s try to enjoy the ride more.
As we create our lives and put things on the list, let’s enjoy the process. As we create our lives and cross things off the list, let’s feel good.
You may be asking: “Beth, How???”
Here’s my quick list to help you enjoy the ride of life more:
- Try to only put stuff on your list that you can enjoy. The journey actually does matter as much as the goal.
- If it HAS to be on your list, do it mindfully and appreciate the upside of your effort.
- Realize that most things on the list actually boils down to“wants”, and not “have to’s”.
- When doing things on your list, be totally present. BE in it…instead of trying to just “check it off”.
For example: If you like having your house decorated for Christmas, but feel like it’s a big ol’ burden on your list to-do, make a choice:
1. Either don’t do it at all because it feels like a “to-do”
2. Scale it back to a level you CAN do joyfully, or
3. Enjoy the ride and immerse yourself in it mindfully when you do it. Totally get into it.
- Feel Guilt. (Just because its tradition or the expectation doesn’t mean it’s right for you.)
- Delay Happiness. (Be happy NOW instead of “I will be happy when it’s done”).
- Feel overwhelmed by your own list. (It’s YOUR list. It’s YOUR life).
The goal is to enjoy the ride of life.
Because here’s the deal- you are a CREATING MACHINE who will ALWAYS want more joy for your kids, more money in the bank, more fun, more vacations, more career expansion, more lovely holiday decorations, more love, more pounds lost, more muscles gained….
We can’t afford to wait to be happy.
If we wait until the list is done, we will never be happy.
Let’s enjoy the ride more, friends!
After all, this is YOUR LIFE we are talking about.
PS SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO NEED THIS MESSAGE!
www.positivecounselingli.com (sign up here for 5 free meditations to help you right now)
Wishing you happiness, thriving, and peace in all ways,